So, to be honest, the Liebster Award doesn’t seem to hold any clout or have any hard reward other than PR. Its primary purpose: simply a way to discover new blogs with little followings. Even as such, my thanks goes out to ZESS501 for nominating CultureQuote for the Liebster Award (in German, ”Liebster” means sweetest, kindest, or nicest)! Let me first introduce myself as there are a few writers on this blog. I’m Diane, the founder of CultureQuote and the main author and editor of material. I can tell you this is only the baby stages. We have a hefty vision for the future of the site and we will continue to update and upload as much as we can!
Official rules for the Liebster award
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
11 Random Facts
- The CultureQuote Team only has three members (Yes, it’s not enough for what we hope to accomplish!)
- None of the team works full-time on the site or are professionals. Actually, we’re all high school through college students.
- I found my passion for languages approximately two years ago with my beloved Spanish teacher =)
- Languages are my main point of interest, and I have started learning my fourth with Korean.
- I am actually an engineering student, not a foreign language major.
- If you see a Dani writing from here, that’s me! I found that it is easier to use Dani with many non-European languages because it is only two syllables and doesn’t have drawn out vowels, which makes it easier for other speakers to pronounce.
- I eagerly seek out new music and will listen to any music, from any country, in any language, and in any genre. Pretty wide open on that subject.
- I am not a total bookworm; I play soccer competitively, break dance, rock climb, and just generally love to be active!
- I’m a Native American-Caucasian and proud of it.
- If there was one wish that I could have granted it would be widespread mutual understanding of and openness to cultural differences. That might actually be two…oh, well.
- I prefer to write over read, but I can’t pass up a good book~!
My Response to ZESS501’s Questions
- Who is your idol (someone you greatly admire and look up to)?
- I’ve never been one to idolize people, but I would have to pick Lindsey Sterling. She never seems to run out of ideas and appears relatively down-to-earth and appreciative, something that seems hard to find in artists nowadays.
- What about K-POP do you love the most?
- K-Pop always has those little English phrases that you can’t help but sing in your head (and sometimes aloud…ok, oftentimes aloud…) when you hear them in everyday conversations. And the dances. And the…I ought to stop now…
- Do you want fame or money?
- Ah~~~why must it be so hard! I’d say money, because I feel I could help more people if I have financial backing. Not to mention that I enjoy the privacy of being semi-sort-of-incognito.
- Which song are you addicted to at the moment?
- I’d have to say Growl by EXO. Chinese version. Yeah, right now I’m humming it and the dance is a spectacle to behold too!
- Who inspires you the most?
- Albert Einstein. He was brilliant and he didn’t let cultural differences stop him from trying to accomplish his dreams even when Germany left a sour taste in the mouth at the time.
My Questions for Nominee’s
- If there was a singular wish you could have granted (standard rules: no wish for wishes, etc.) what would you wish for and why?
- What is your most cherished memory?
- What is your most common typo?
- If you could spot-on impersonate anyone in the world, who would that be?
- What is the one song you cannot get out of your head recently?
Blogs I Nominate
- WanderLustLotus: http://wanderlustlotus.wordpress.com/
- christinathepolyglot: http://christinathepolyglot.wordpress.com/
- Singapore Spice: http://singaporespice.wordpress.com/
- ABC Mandarin Mission: http://abcmandarinmission.com/
- 초롱이 ★ ごきげんよう: http://choronghi.wordpress.com/